One part Eastwood,
One part Astaire.
Add a dash of Bogart.
Shake, strain and enjoy.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Tie Bar

Image: GQ.com

I like my ties like I like my cocktails: classic, well-made and with a twist.

Why has no one thought of this before? I spotted this tie by Mark McNairy over on GQ.com this weekend while catching up on old GQ Eye blog posts and I dig the design. They say all art comes from other art and so McNairy throws a curve into the classic repp tie, reminding us that it doesn't take much to make something your own.

Instead of busy patterns and loud colors, make a statement by playing with fabric and texture. Look for ties in silk knit, wool, cashmere, or linen. With summer approaching, gingham, madras and seersucker provide classic alternatives to neckwear banality. When in doubt though, the standard solids and stripes will always leave you looking chic and timeless.


My classic repp by J. Crew

In the tie bar, don't be caught with an AppleMango-tini. Ordering up a classic provides the least regret and reduces your style hangover.

No comments:

Post a Comment